Thursday, February 09, 2012

Rants and Raves

Rants and Raves – during our Hawaii Trip
RAVES
• Zoey in a bikini. Cutest possible outfit she can wear! I don’t know what it is about it about her little body in the little, tiny pieces of fabrics but I can hardly stand it. I just want to squeeze her little body and smother her with kisses. Thankfully she doesn’t mind my frantic embraces.
• Brown rice – Hawaii has certainly changed since the first time I lived here in 1995. You can get brown rice everywhere and I see people order it all the time. Matt still is a purist and eats white rice but our kids like the brown rice and so do I. We also see lots of “hapa” rice, brown and white mix.
• NPR – YAY!!!!! Finally, Oahu has a great NPR station. I was so happy to tune in on Sunday morning and hear Krista Tippett and On Being. Nerdy but important!
• True and Zoey sleeping together in a double bed is un-real cute.
• Oahu people are the nicest in the world. Sunshine makes for happy people.
• Matt and I watched Alaska State Troopers last night for a couple of hours and we loved it. It almost makes me miss Alaska.

RANTS
• Why does being on vacation make me feel tired? It seems that the more “rest” we get the more tired I feel.
• I am looking forward to the day when True will finally sleep through the night. Every night or early morning I feel his hot little breath next to me and I am so sleepy I just let him in our bed.
• Oahu coffee is very mediocre. I am writing this post from the “best” coffee shop on the island, Glazers Coffee but I am under-whelmed. The latte art was deftly done but the barista did not know where the beans had come from and was really unfriendly. I will give it a notch above Starbucks but someone needs to open a great coffee shop! I sound like a diva but when you pay $4 for a drink I expect something spectacular.
• I miss cooking. I can’t wait to get home and make Valentine treats for our annual Valentine party.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you finally redeemed that last Grocery Outlet post!

I'm amazed about the brown rice. We eat half white/half brown rice here all the time and I'm still on a mission to get more Filipinos into it.

Sound like you had a fab time in Hawaii.

I miss you!